Cheap Thrills Series: Yves Rocher Noix de Coco (2016)

Scentrack
The Beach Boys - Kokomo



Source: Fragrantica
Noix de Coco from 2016 is the latest version of Yves Rocher’s coconut fragrance. Usually I am not fond of the monothematic composition from cosmetic houses, but I find Noix de Coco so extremely positive and cheerful that I have to share with you my delight. One can say Noix de Coco is one-dimensional composition, but beneath the massive coconut note there are several fine olfactory layers. Yes, coconut is huge like it should be in a fragrance called coconut. This coconut is slightly sweet, fresh, natural smelling with some milky facets. Beneath the coconut is soft jasmine-like note similar to frangipani. Personally, I like the most a soft touch of almonds, possibly due to use of Tonka bean. Notes of vanilla musk are also hidden deep in the drydown, reminiscent of suntan lotion.
Unfortunately, the performance of Noix de Coco is not so good. Longevity is only 2-3 hours, and sillage is extremely soft.  
I like this creation a lot, despite the performance issues. To me this is more like a smell than a proper fragrance, but is so cheerful I cannot resist. To me is very calming and often wear to my bed. Happy, summery, uplifting, joyful and simple. Truly tropical summer gem.
Source; Pinterest                                                         

Longevity / Projection
Short (3-4 hours) / Soft

Suggested wearing
Summer/ Beach, Cocktail bar

Alternatives
Yves Rocher’s earlier version of Noix de Coco

Pros
Cheerful and positive
Easy to wear  
Natural smelling
Extremely affordable – 8€ for 100 ml

Cons
Performance issues
Fairly simple
Generic bottle

Rating

6/10

Comments