Guerlain l’Homme Ideal Cologne – Noble and Charming (Thierry Wasser, 2015)

Scentrack: Jamiroquai – Summer Girl
              
Usually flankers are just annoying side effects of the modern perfume industry, like some rash. However, in my opinion l’Homme Ideal Cologne is a shining exception to the rule. In fact, I consider this creation as the finest of the whole line, and even the best spring/summer fragrance I have encountered during my perfume journey. Absolutely gorgeous. Fresh, yet distinctive, possessing almond note, as the hallmark of the whole l’Homme Ideal line. Guerlain’s in house perfumer Thierry Wasser skillfully created a summer flanker with an attitude and laid back charm.
Source: Pinterest
From the moment I spray this fragrance, it smells noble and rich. Imagine wearing white polo shirt on Riva boat. A summer day on Cote d’Azur or evening in Dubrovnik. I usually tend not to use terms like “rich”, but in this review the word is appropriate.
L’Homme Ideal Cologne opens with elegant sunny citrus notes of grapefruit and orange accompanied with just a touch of piercing pepper. These citric notes are extremely refined and clean. Interestingly, this citrus heaven gives me an impression of a champagne fizzy cocktail. A stunning almond note is responsible for beautiful creaminess and gives the distinction from other summer fragrances. Behind all the main players I sense some flowery touch, maybe neroli. The grapefruit/orange combo is persistent and gradually morphs in very clean vetiver and even cleaner.
What a noble creation l’Homme Ideal is. The journey from bright citrus notes to clean and mellow vetiver/musk base via soft almond touch. I am absolutely fascinated by this Guerlain’s summer masterpiece. I even sold several other summer fragrances, because I realized I will always choose l’Homme Ideal over them. My only concern is I heard some rumors about discontinuation of this noble jewel. O tempora, o mores.          

Longevity / Projection
Solid (around  6-7 hours) / Average

Suggested wearing
Daily and Evening / Spring, summer and early autumn  

Alternatives
Guerlain l’Homme Ideal – autumn almond/tonka creation

Pros
Amazing grapefruit/orange/almond/vetiver entity
Noble and aristocratic touch
Solid performance
Beautiful bottle
Price  

Cons
Discontinuation rumors

Rating
9 / 10

Comments